The Work Lounge is the name for our coworking spaces. Coworking is a modern alternative to the conventional office. It’s designed to be a relaxed space that allows you to work independently, but with access to a community of like-minded people.
Why choose co-working?
Co-working spaces can be used as regular places to work or as a temporary base for a few hours. As such, coworking is perfect for start-ups, freelancers, homeworkers, mobile workers and those looking to reduce a long commute.
A coworking environment offers many benefits over working exclusively at home or in a cafe:
- It’s more productive. There’s no risk of being side-tracked by the TV or ironing
- It’s more professional. A smart place to meet your customers or potential clients leaves a much better impression than your local cafe – plus our drinks are free.
- It’s social. Working from home, or sometimes even in your own office, can be isolating. Co-working gives you the chance to meet people in the same boat – even if it’s just someone to talk to while you’re making a drink.
- It’s flexible. If you're just starting a business, you may not know how busy you will be, so renting your own office may not make economic sense straight away. Alternatively, you may have travelled for a meeting and need somewhere to work for half a day or a few hours.
- It can help your business to grow. Co-working gives you the ability to network with others, sharing advice and inspiration. You could collaborate with others, gain new customers for your business, or become the customer yourself.
Key benefits of The Work Lounge
- No start-up costs - just come in, register to get your card and you’re ready to get working.
- No monthly fees - you don’t have to commit to monthly payments as you do when renting your own office (although you can if you want).
- Only pay for the hours you stay - see our payment options below.
- Free WiFi - our centres have fast internet access.
- Complimentary drinks and dedicated kitchen facilities - why not strike up a conversation with a fellow coworker over a cup of tea?
- Free car parking at the majority of our sites.
- Business support - access to pay as you use secretarial and admin support via our reception staff.
Thanks to our collaboration with NearDesk, once you have our card, you can use it to access any co-working space part of the NearDesk network.
Pay-as-you-go. We charge on an hourly basis, with a daily limit, so you have total flexibility and clarity on your bills.
Monthly package. If you are going to work in The Work Lounge on a more regular basis, our monthly package may work out as more cost effective. It’s still cheaper than renting your own office and also gives you a mailbox. But you’re not tied into any contract, so if you know your next month might be a bit slow, you could switch to our pay-as-you-go-option.