These collaborative spaces, known as Work Lounges, are shared office environments that provide a range of access options; from dedicated desks that you can rent on a monthly basis to fully pay-as-you-go, drop-in services. As such, they’re perfect for a range of workers, whether you’re looking for a temporary base, to keep your overheads low or to escape the isolation of working alone.
What we offer at the Work Lounge
Our collaborative spaces have been designed to appeal to all types of businesses, including freelancers, microbusinesses and those who travel for work or want to reduce their commute.
- Free car parking at our locations (with the exception of Brixton).
- Flexible payment options to suit you. The majority of our coworking spaces offer pay-as-you-go access, so you can choose to use the space by the hour (with capped daily rates) or on a month-by-month basis. This can help you to beat the isolation of working from home without breaking the bank.
- Business support. Our Work Lounges are based within our existing business centres, which means you can use additional services we provide onsite. You might occasionally want administration and secretarial support, to hire a meeting room, a business address or to hire storage space for example. Plus, as our centres offer a range of offices and commercial units, if you outgrow our coworking space and decide you want to rent your own office or unit, we can help there too.
- Unrestricted access. You decide when you want to work and how long for - our packages don't restrict you to working a certain number of days per week or month.
- High-speed WiFi or broadband. Whatever your line of work, we know how important it is for you to be able to stay connected and be able to upload/download files quickly and easily.
- Complimentary drinks and most locations have dedicated kitchen facilities, so you can get to know your fellow co-workers over a cup of tea or coffee.
- A variety of seating options. We provide a combination of open shared working space and more private, quieter areas. You can also choose to sit (or stand) at our high tables, communal desks or more informal seating options. Where we offer dedicated desk space, lockable drawers ensure you can store your items securely.
- Networking events. We hold a range of networking events at our venues – follow the Work Lounge on Twitter for updates on what's happening at our sites
Advantages of coworking
A coworking environment offers many benefits over working exclusively at home or in a cafe:
- It’s more productive. There’s no risk of being side-tracked by the TV or that pile of ironing
- It’s more professional. A smart place to meet your customers or potential clients leaves a much better impression than your local cafe – plus our drinks are free.
- It’s social. Working from home, or sometimes even in your own office, can be isolating at times. Collaborative spaces give you the chance to meet people in the same boat – even if it’s just someone to talk to while you’re making a drink.
- It’s flexible. If you're just starting a business, you may not know how busy you will be, so renting your own office may not make economic sense straight away. Alternatively, you may have travelled for a meeting and need somewhere to work for half a day or a few hours.
- It can help your business to grow. Coworking gives you the ability to network with others, sharing advice and inspiration. You could collaborate with others, gain new customers for your business, or become the customer yourself.