What kind of premises is right for you?
Are you an entrepreneur looking to start your own business? Here's some help on what type of premises might be right for your company.
This week is Global Entrepreneurship Week, an event to encourage more people to start enterprises. If you start a business, one of your first tasks is likely to be finding the right commercial premises.
At Bizspace, we have a range of accommodation to suit fledgling businesses. Our flexible terms make us the ideal choice for start-ups as you only rent the space you need and can quickly move to another unit if you decide you need more or less space once your business is established.
We have a range of workspaces at over 70 locations around the country, but how do you decide what kind of space is right for you?
If you are just starting out and don’t need large premises, you might want to consider using a co-working space. These offer a ‘half-way house’ between working in your own home and renting a unit. You only pay for the hours you use and don’t have to commit to a lease. We are planning to roll out a national network of co-working spaces called The Work Lounge soon, but we have already opened our first at The Pixmore Centre in Letchworth.
- Flexible – you can use the space as much or as little as you want
- Sociable – co-working spaces give you the opportunity to meet and network with like-minded people
- Free WiFi – our co-working spaces will all be equipped with free WiFi
- Free parking, complimentary drinks and use of dedicated kitchen facilities
Ideal for: Entrepreneurs who are just starting out and really only need a computer and desk to run their business.
Our serviced offices are a great choice for people who want to move into business premises quickly and hit the ground running. They are already furnished and set up with IT and telecoms systems, meaning you can start working on your business straight away and you don’t have to find the money for equipment and furniture.
- No expensive upfront costs to get set up – you simply pay a monthly fee which includes your rent, utility bills and business rates
- Administration and secretarial support from our staff
- Our serviced offices will give your business a professional image as our staff will answer your calls and greet your visitors
Ideal for: Business owners who want to get going straight away, without the expense and hassle of setting up and furnishing an office.
A common choice for any business where staff predominantly work at desks or on phones and computers, our offices range from small units suitable for single entrepreneurs, to massive suites suitable to be used as call centres. We have a range of office units available in varying layouts at our business centres all over the country. These include offices within workshops and suites with separate internal units. All our office units can be customised to meet your business’s needs.
- Personalised – you can decorate and furnish your office to suit your company’s image and branding
- Flexible – our terms mean you can move in quickly and don’t have to commit to a long lease. You can also access your unit 24 hours a day in selected centres, so you can work when you want to.
- Variety – there are a lot of different types of offices available so there is sure to be a unit which meets your needs
- Security – our centres are secure and monitored by CCTV
Ideal for: Companies who want to do their own thing and create an office which is individual to their business
Workshops or industrial units
- Easy access – most of our workshops are single storey units with roller shutter or double doors which can be accessed directly by vehicles
- Free parking – parking spaces are available outside your unit
- Individual utility supply – this means you only pay for what you use.
Ideal for: Companies involved in manufacturing or which need warehouse space
Search our properties to find a business space near you.
BizSpace is the UK’s leading provider of regional flexible workspace. For over 20 years we have been offering office, studio and workshop units to a wide range of businesses in convenient regional locations across the country. We are owned by Sirius Real Estate, a commercial property operator, that is supporting us on a journey to significant growth.
More BizSpace News
Mobile Maintenance Operative – North West
Bizspace is one of the UK’s leading providers of flexible business space with more than 70 properties and 3,000 customers.…Find out more
Finding a Small Industrial Unit or Workshop to Rent
Let’s be honest with each other, finding a ‘perfectly sized’ industrial unit for your business isn’t exactly fun. It’s time-consuming,…Find out more
Designing your ideal office: 8 top tips
Focus on comfort and practicality when designing your office space, considering layout, light, furniture, clutter and accessories.Find out more